I found a delicious cilantro lime pork recipe online but I put my own twist on it and it turned out super yummy. Wanna try it? Ok, here is the run down:
- 1 whole pork shoulder
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 2 tbs of lemon juice
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1 tbs of sea salt
- 2 tbs of steak of Weber’s steak and chop seasoning
- 2 tbs of salt
- 2 tbs of black pepper
- 1 tbs of onion powder
- Chop 1 clove of garlic and set aside
- Rinse the pork and insert about 15 1 inch slits into the skin of the pork and stick the garlic slices into the holes.
- Season the pork with all of the dry seasoning except the sea salt. For this part, you only need the regular salt. Rub the season really good all over the pork. You want the ‘flavas’ to come through this baby!
- For best results, marinate overnight and cook very early the next morning in your crockpot for 6 hours
- In a food processor pulse your remaining garlic, cilantro, olive oil and sea salt to create a pesto like paste. After 6 hours, add the paste to the top of the pork and continue cooking for another 2 hours in the crockpot.
- Remove the pork from the crockpot and place in an oven safe pan and cook in oven at 450 degrees for 1 hour uncovered. Be sure to save some of the juice from the crockpot and pour over the pork at this point. This will allow the skin to get crispy and dee-licious!
- Let the pork rest for about 20 minutes and dig into that bad boy and enjoy!